BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 19, 2008

history today

so its the 2nd week of my midterms and today is history or "sejarah" as we malaysians call it. but the orogin of the word itself is not malay (as usual). the word sejarah came from the word sajaratun... i think that is arabic...
so anyway, i personally love sejarah, but not of my country.
i'm more into the incans, the greeks, the egyptians, norse mythology and that kind of stuff i dont know everything but i am learning. about the greeks i'm interested in their mythology... did you know zeus was said to disguise himself as a wounded bird and when his future wife put the bird to her chest to warm it zeus turned to his normal self and raped her, then she married him to cover her shame... well some stories say so but others dont, its pretty cool.
then there is norse mythology (vikings) about oden and his hall, and fenrir the wolf that will bring ragnarok to life (the end of the world)
but malaysian history is pretty bleak, just a couple of man in power bringing seeking help from the british to restore or give them power, then the british takes over the country and the man in power cries and says it's not my fault. if this hapened once then at least it is understandable but this hapened 5 times. the sultan's of our country must be very dumb those days. i still dont understand why they kill those who are ritcher then them....

2 comments:

Tui said...

I lurve History! (and by the way, this is Katie, I am just posing as my dog ----- who is looking over my shoulder in alarm)

Anyway, that is sad about your dad but I guess you have to move on. I ain't gonna say sorry either, though that is the obvouis choice... you have probably had a much better life an those who are inslaved in the cocoa farms at the ivory coast.

Anonymous said...

I h8 history .. It's very very boring.. juz one English man can destroy a negeri.. dumb ..