BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 9, 2008

OBAMA and tarot kits

so OBAMA won!!! i'm still happy, even if it has been what? a 5-7 days?
but then at least i knew that he won when he did...
so last Friday i was talking to my friends Dian about stuff when she suddenly proclaimed that she was tired, putting her chin down on the cafeteria's old wooden table (i'm not sure how old, but the school is around 110 years old,so the tables must be PRETTY old, i think they maybe older than my grandparents) with her hands flat down... then immediately her hands and chin shot out in the air and she said proudly and penuh semangatly said that "OBAMA ROCKS!!!" as she had put it,her face a mask of OBAMA rockiness. i was happy to discuss it because i have been following the Election (not that i have a choice, my mum forces me to watch CNN every other night,so i was forced to endure Sarah Palin's comments about the "real America",apparently New York is the fake America that just so happens to be one of the richest cities ever...so real America is poor? Sarah Palin seems to think so) so i looked up, full of joy! saying "yeah! i'm so glad that he won the Election!!!" and Dian turned to me with a Blur look on her face,she looked at me confused and asked.... he won ah?!
i said..."yuh"
dian was like "oh"
and we both endded up laughing and when we stopped she looked at me and asked in a serious voice, "so Hillary Clinton lost lah?"
that made me laugh even harder,shaking the table (which i was worried would collapse...you know being so old and all).
i said yes she did...months ago... now McCain lost..
and of course...she did not know who McCain was.
not that i blame her of course.

okay, about the tarot kit, i have always wanted to learn about tarot card reading and so i always wanted to buy a set so i could learn... this was three years ago, i kept asking my mum for one, she said no cuz its stupid... coming from a lady who owns a copy of Linda Goodman's love signs (a book that predicts love based on horoscopes) is quite rich (dumb and unfair) so lately i have saved money for some reason...or no reason other than to just save money... so the week before i was in kinokuniya and saw a shelf filled with tarot card... so my mum wont buy me a set...but i have the money, so you can guess what i did. i would buy it behind her back (hey i was really curious) but the main problem was how to smuggle it out of the store after i bought it... i wanted to buy a kit and those things are big.. well big enough to be noticed by my mum in my bag.... so i needed a bigger bag... but how do i carry one of those without raising my mum's suspicion to what may be in it?
she gave me the answer (unknowingly) she propossed we go jogging at the park near KLCC... sure!!! perfect!, because i have this high sierra mini hiking bag... i mean mini, its half the size of the school bag but designed as such that it can fit the same load. i brought that along, but left it in the car as my mum said we would come back to fetch her purse cuz she's too lazy to carry it in her fanny pack. so we jogged (me waiting for my mum every 100m as she refuses to let me out of her sight) and we ate breakfast at Domes...she did not suspect anything. so then we ate and then went up to kinokuniya and waited for it to open (it opens at 10am) so we waited and my mum asked me to take pictures of her to put in her blog...she made me take them again due to the fact that i'm horrible at taking pictures... and the fact that i could not wait to buy my tarot set (who am i kidding? i'm horrible at taking pictures) so it finaly opened and sincxe before at Dome's i asked my mum to look for a book titled "free software fo dummies" since i cant remember where it was and she was the best person to look for it cuz she has photographic memory... she fell for it and looked for it..while i sneaked off to the tarot card section and picked one (the cheapest one that just so hapens to be a tarot kit for teens and it cost me RM 74.76 which is the cheapest) and hurried to the counter to pay... my mum could be anywhere (even if she is looking for the book in another section, she might decide just to ask the info counter which is near the counter i was paying for the kit at...but at the same time i cant pay at the other counter cuz thats where the book was... yes i knew where the book was...smart ay?) so i hurried and i probably looked a little hurried... like a James Bond with out the "shaken" martini, or the girl to womanize. so i paid and pretended nothing hapened... we bought books (as usual) and headed home (after having lunck with aunty sonia) so i asked the tarot card questions and it said that in the past and present my love life sucked, and in the future there would be roadblocks and i'll have to let go and if i do i'll be happy... the present card was the king of cups in reverse position... which means there is a selfish egoistical guy in my life... i dont know if in reality it is true... but from my friends foint of veiw... HELL the guy in my life is egoistical...from my friends point of veiw...did i mention they hate this man which is supposedly in my life? (those of you on the inside will know what i mean) and ash, when you comment dont write his name...

6 comments:

TheSadHeron said...

Be careful with those tarot cards. Some of them employ jins to make them work. i doubt the one you bought does that but be careful. there's also the aspect of believing in power of luck which is already considered mensyirik. A friend of mine once said; there is no such thing as luck as God rules with will, not with a dice.

Dian Amani :) said...

DudET, I said GO, BARRACK OBAMA lah. what lah.

mia said...

yeah yeah my phantom with the makeup disorder... you finally went online to ur blog....
its about time!
as for aq, dude, i know, relax,you sound like my grandmother... no actually you sound like my friend nani....as for the grandmother part, just because you are a year older dont mean you know everything,so stop acting like you do, i know about the mensyirik thing, and no, the ones i bought are not filled with jinn, you have read to many horror novels, tarot cards actually started off as playing cards in 1420 and 1440 in italy,and according to its history (unless the book i'm reading is lying) tarot cards developed fifty years after the playing cards from Islam were introduced in Europe. the playing cards in Europe at 1375 were adapted from our Islamic Mamluck cards. so no, Tarot cards are not filled to the brim with a jinn's aura, they are playing cards which are used as a tool to tell the future in the 1700s (which is not possible cuz we ourselves are undecided about the future) as for the past, we know what it is and we adapt it to what is writen on the card so we use it as something to confirm what we already know for ourselves.i did not realize you thought I'll play with jinn.shame on you :-)

Syuen said...

hi, which class are you from by the way, can you tell me your name,?? seriously sorry , if you feel offended because i have no idea who you are , i know , i know i'm a bad friend.....jkjk

Syuen said...

oh rite, do tell me by wrting a comment on my blog

La Vie said...

what was his name again??? tht stupid name name....wait wait still thinking!! oh..ya! i mean i might forget if u stop talking bout him!!!! right???