BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

truth?

People think they know me but what makes them think so?
Is it the way I walk?
The way I talk?
The way I carry myself?
Well…if they think they know me by my body language
Then it must be sending the wrong messages.
Because no one really knows me…
Sometimes I wonder if I really know myself…
All they have to do is look…and see…. and understand themselves for only then can they see everyone else…for what they really and truly are
Why do you think there are surprises?
Because no one knows anyone else fully
We even surprise ourselves sometimes...
So why do people judge?
Why do they pretend to know someone?
They kid themselves into thinking this is a predictable world
People think they know me but they don’t
They judge what is on the outside and never pause to look inside
They stick by their first impressions and that blinds them to everything else
They think that everyone is like them…
Empty on the inside so they try and make it up on the outside with cute shoes…
Not that I have anything against cute shoes and rockin’ material stuff I am a girl
But you’ve got to be pretty on the inside as well as on the outside
It’s important to think more than your exterior
It’s like a house
When you look at it on the outside its pretty,
Then you look on the inside, empty, devoid of anything personal
All you see is metal this metal that…no pictures… no memories
It’s unwelcoming
So, it’s the same with me.
Only they don’t judge me on the inside…they look on the outside
They see a shallow girl who loves to dress up…like them.
They think that by the style of my hair that I’m one of those material types
They don’t bother to see ME
They never once thought that I could be more than what they judged and convinced themselves that I am
Why is it that they don’t
I know the answer
It’s so simple that you could laugh…
They don’t know themselves...
They haven’t discovered themselves fully
Haven’t realized that looks ain’t everything
That they don’t know everything
That the biggest surprises are within themselves
I don’t think anyone really knows themselves fully

0 comments: